Murphys Cranberry Sorbet
- 260 g sugar
- 400 ml water
- 450 gm fresh or frozen cranberries
- 150 ml cranberry juice
What to do:
- Cook the water, sugar and cranberries together until they reach a low boil.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Use a blender or hand blender to blend until smooth.
- Pass through a fine sieve to remove the seeds and bits of skin, using a rubber spatula to press as much pulp through as possible.
- Cover and refrigerate until it is completely cool.
- Add the cranberry juice.
- Freeze using a domestic ice cream maker until it has a semi-solid consistency. This could take up to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze until it is solid.
- Otherwise, simply place in a covered, freezer-proof container and place in the freezer, stirring every two hours to break up the ice crystals.
- Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for about 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 Servings