- 1 Cardamon pod
- 15 Juniper berries - Lemon and orange zest to taste
- 130g Sugar
- 4 Egg yolks
- 240ml Cream
- 200ml Milk
- 60ml Dingle Gin
1. Add the Cardamon, Juniper, Lemon and orange zest to the gin and allow to sit for at least 4 hours.
2. Beat the Sugar and Egg Yolks together until thick and pale yellow.
3. Bring milk to a low simmer
4. Slowly add the milk to the egg/sugar mixture with the mixer running.
5. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook, stirring continuously, on low heat until it reaches 65 C. It should coat the back of a spoon.
6. Refrigerate until cold
7. Remove from the fridge pour into an ice cream maker with the cream.
8. Add the gin after about 20 minutes
9. Continue to freeze until the consistency reaches that of soft ice cream
10. Transfer to a container and put in the freezer until hard