Mango sorbet is one of our favourites. It’s a flavour we have chosen to sell in our 500ml tubs, and it’s rarely out of the scooping cabinets in our shops. Make it, and you’ll see why. You will, however, need fresh, soft, ripe mangos!
Murphys Mango Sorbet
- 300 g sugar
- 500 ml boiling water
- 2 ripe mangos (ca. 300 g each before they are peeled and pitted)
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
What to do:
- Add the boiling water to the sugar in a heat-proof bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until it is completely cool.
- Peel and slice the mango.
- Juice the orange and lemon.
- Combine the lemon and orange juice with the mango in a blender or food processor and blend thoroughly.
- Add to the cooled sugar syrup.
- Freeze using a domestic ice cream maker until it has a semi-solid consistency. This could take up to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze until it is solid.
- Otherwise, simply place in a covered, freezer-proof container and place in the freezer, stirring everyÂ two hours to break up the ice crystals.
- Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for about 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 Servings