One of our most popular So Specials is Sticky Toffee Pudding.
We make it in our shops in Dingle, Killarney and Dublin with Murphy’s Brown Bread ice cream, butterscotch sauce, salted caramel cream, and our own sticky toffee pudding.
The pudding is quite delicious not too heavy and not too light – and pleasingly moist.
This is a recipe we have had in production for a long time – back in the days when we made cakes, we made some of this as well. No doubt it was adapted from another recipe, but I don’t remember the source, so apologies for that.
If you wish to try it, here’s the recipe:
Murphy’s Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 225g dates (pitted)
- 170g caster sugar
- 85g butter
- 2 eggs
- 170g flour (non-rising)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 40g plain yoghurt
What to do
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Soak dates in boiling water for 1 minute. Puree until smooth.
- Beat sugar and butter together until light in colour.
- Mix in eggs.
- Mix in pureed dates.
- Mix together dry ingredients and then add to mix.
- Mix in yoghurt.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow cool on a baking rack.
- Cut into small squares (same size as brownie pieces.
Good luck, and let me know if you have any feedback on the recipe if you make it.