Since we had the time during isolation we went baking. Nothing fancy, just some yummy chocolate chip cookies.
We like our cookies dense not fluffy, and these make a perfect combination with vanilla or sea salt ice cream, if you want to try them.
Here’s the recipe:
Murphys Chocolate Chip Cookies
135g plain flour (no rising agents)
90g light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
150g 50% good quality chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Combine sugar, and brown sugar and melted butter and beat until light.
3. Beat in egg.
4. Slowly add flour, mixing all the time.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Stir in chocolate morsels.
7. Spoon onto a lightly buttered baking tray.
8. Bake 5 min.
9. Remove tray, rap on counter.
10. Bake another 4 minutes.
11. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 7 large cookies
As always, good chocolate and vanilla will make all the difference in how these taste.
The photo with the mixer is a triple recipe, so don’t worry if your mixer doesn’t look that full!
Let us know how it works for you!